Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Sitting at the Airport

I'm sitting at my gate, several hours early. Got up at 4, out the door by 4:15, flight's at 8. There was some short but jacked dude named Jesse signing autographs as he was going into the security checkpoint. It was pretty funny to see the people around him.

It's been a long time since I've been on a flight to phoenix. I wonder if I'll still be sick of it from way back when. I know I still hate the gcc to Massachusetts drive on 80.

There is the strong possibility that sailing will be involved in my adventure. I spoke to one person yesterday that is sailing from Seattle to Mexico and might be willing to take me along. There are a bunch of other people doing the same trip. There's an annual event called the Baja Ha-Ha which is a trip from San Diego to Cabo San Lucas. It's in late October/early November, but a lot of people are starting to sail down from Seattle and San Francisco to be ready for it. There are lots of posts for people looking for crews, experienced or not. I hope it works out, at least for a leg of the trip, if not 2 months port hopping all the way down the coast. That'd be sick.

No comments: